FREE INSIDE!--Cereal Box Jigsaw Puzzles

Here’s a little project that “upcycles” trash into treasure, …well, at least it’s fun! Make jigsaw puzzles out of old cereal boxes. Uses the boxes themselves as the storage for all the puzzle parts.

TIP: save a peeled backing sheet from a prior GF project and use it as a “burn shield” to protect the printed graphic while cutting. The adhesive from this second use is just tacky enough (like a Post It) to hold in place while cutting without peeling away any printed ink.

I made a full size box and a mini Snak-Pak size versions.

94 Likes

This is really clever.

5 Likes

So - are you gluing the box to proofgrade hard board?

The QR label says Medium Draftboard, so…

Personally, I’d use chipboard, but I think I’m in the minority in having stacks of that around.

4 Likes

Haha, brilliant.

1 Like

Duh. For some reason I thought he was using a scrap to show the size. Makes sense.

1 Like

Sure, any chipboard would work fine and more in the spirit of “upcycling”. Maybe I’ll try it with some old left over drawing tablet cardboard backings. No need to use up virgin Draftboard.

4 Likes

Thanks for the inspiration! :smiley:

(no cereal boxes around here…)

18 Likes

What a great idea!

1 Like

Just when I think there isn’t much new to see here, you go and prove me wrong. These are fun.

4 Likes

What a fun project!!

1 Like

I will never see a cardboard box the same way again. Every one is an opportunity. Ha.

4 Likes

I have tons of cardboard box material. Could this be the backing?

Corrugated boxes not so much as it doesn’t have physical integrity along edges cut along the open part of the corrugation channels. But an interesting riff on this would be to use 2 different package boxes (chipboard) back to back. That would make it wicked hard to solve the puzzle :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

In a house where puzzles are done all the time…THIS is a good idea. Something to challenge the masses…

2 Likes

haha, step one, determine which side is for which puzzle, step two, put together, step 3, turn over and see what the suprising other image is. haha

1 Like

Hehe… get two different designs of the same product.

1 Like

I have a two sided puzzle, it’s a nightmare. The two pictures aren’t that different, they’re both skiing scenes. Definitely do this.

3 Likes

That’s adorable!

Worse would be two sides of the same thing. The pictures would belong but the shapes would be wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

Flip them and it would be worse.

Much opportunity here for evil laughter :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes