FREE INSIDE!--Cereal Box Jigsaw Puzzles

Check out this awesome guide that’ll save you some time on weeding if you keep making these:

Great idea, really enjoy putting the pieces back into the mini boxes!

4 Likes

Haha then we both are. I just got in 400 lbs a couple of weeks ago and fixing to have to order more.

Sorry, my post is missing some text. I scanned and printed out the cereal box artwork on glossy photo paper. I then spray mounted the paper onto Medium Draftboard. I suppose you could just laser cut the real cereal boxes? Or mount the box right to some other chipboard.

3 Likes

I"m going to try mounting a cereal box to thin plywood. We’ll see how that comes out…

1 Like

Use the same exact image, but rotate one of them 180*.

Mine was just the carton laminated to 1mm chipboard, using the HDX generic 3M-77 adhesive. Very similar to a “regular” jigsaw puzzle.

3 Likes

Yes but if you cut the puzzle so all the pieces were the same size and shape? like this
tripuzzle

8 Likes

Very fun! Great idea indeed.

You sir, are a mad man.

3 Likes

I just checked Alibaba for this. The orders come in tons:

The wife would divorce me!

2 Likes

I get mine thru Amazon.

1 Like

Dick Blick’s has it with reasonable shipping for larger sizes you can use in the pass-through or more GF bed sized from Amazon.

1 Like

What thickness (pt) do you use?

Mine was just the carton laminated to 1mm chipboard, using the HDX generic 3M-77 adhesive.

Ah, except for those of us who suffer from “buy tons of supplies for projects we totally intend to do someday but somehow never get around to” disease.

8 Likes

lol…

I look at the layered mandala projects @evansd2 posts, and think “What? Use up my lifetime stock of draftboard?”

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say I have stacks, but I did buy a full sheet that I cut down primarily for puzzles. Well, it’s 1/8" backer board.

A fun and cleaver idea. Thanks for sharing.

Hey how were you able to get the colored picture on the wood?

Such a cool idea! Would you mind sharing your process for gluing before cutting? Always afraid of using the wrong stuff for the laser…