Free QR Code Generator

just depends on circumstance. many times that’s true. but if someone is walking around a conference, having a QR code on a booth means they can snag a link on their phone quickly. or, in architecture, we often toss VR codes on something and then people can use their mobile device to VR around a building or renderings. or if it’s just a video, watching on a mobile device isn’t bad.

i don’t use them a lot, but we’ve found more legit uses for them in the past 3-4 years than early on, when they felt more gimmicky.

5 Likes

Don’t disagree. I’ve only ever used them in corporate business context, as links to marketing related sites.

I can think of many applications where I have not seen them used, for example at craft/maker fairs with maps to vendor locations.

2 Likes

that example would be perfect. at an event, having the map on a mobile device might be preferable to some over a paper map. but having both options is best. making sure it works for different people with different preferences.

that’s probably the hardest thing for most marketers to get right. understanding the full range of their audience and the different type of preferences. i have that conversation a lot with internal clients. some people like PDFs, some people like print, some people may prefer interactive web sites. how do you create/extend content across the different media pathways that will cover your entire audience? which pathways are worth spending the extra time/money to extend onto and which have a low ROI? people have a tendency to look through their own filters and not truly understand their audiences.

3 Likes

I put QR codes in our printed bulletin. It is an easy on ramp to more info and the less tech savvy have learned how to use them. When we first started streaming our services, it was a great help to get them to the video link.

Of course, there is that problem of “do they know not to look at every random QRC they come across” issue.

7 Likes

as an end-user, that’s my biggest bugaboo w/QR codes. i can’t vet the site it’s taking to me ahead of time. same with URL shorteners. you have to trust the source.

7 Likes

Whenever I see folks talking about QR codes I champion my friend’s app:

Very simple. Very well designed.
Very nice app, at least if you need to generate a QR code from iOS.

3 Likes

That’s why I like the Google one. Just the link, exactly as you see. (You can verify by using any number of decoders…)

3 Likes

Yup. Using mine should show the actual link as well.

5 Likes

It just gives me a tiny piece of the code up near the left-hand side. I did it several times with the same result.

2 Likes

I can only screenshot on mobile at the moment but It should work like this. Does it look similar for you?

I

2 Likes

Yes but only gave me a tint piece of the code.
My_QR_Code_From_TechnicallyWoodworking (1)

1 Like

Gotcha. After reading all the responses, I have a much better idea of what they are. Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

What OS and browser are you using?

1 Like

Thanks @shogun, today I learned something new.

5 Likes

I just re-read your post and I share your concerns.

There are online decoders for both short URL’s and QR codes that will show the final URL without having to click-thru, so-to-speak. You can find one you like and bookmark on your device.

For QR you have to take a pic and upload, vs. using the QR decoder in the phone app.

1 Like

Mac 12.2.1 Monteray

Chrome is the browser

1 Like

I like the simple interface. Thanks for the useful tool!

3 Likes

That is so cool and thank you. I just got my glowforge and have to run hose out before I can print but WOW how exciting.

2 Likes

Amazing thanks so much ! I love the whole site! You’re a diamond!

1 Like

Question, So if I make a qr code with your program will the code be deactivated after 3 weeks? I have made one before that was free and after a few weeks they deactivated it.

1 Like