Free QR Code Generator

Nope! For making physical objects I found that common practice to be a bit impractical. I didn’t want to be locked into paying for a service or risk rendering my object useless because the service I went with shutdown or me off, so I decided to make this tool. Mine doesn’t put a middle wrapper in the content so it will always go directly to wherever you send it. The tradeoff is that once it’s printed the location of where it goes can’t be changed and its not possible to collect data around how many times its been scanned.

4 Likes

If someone wanted to know that info they could create an immediate autoforward site that the QR code goes to, and track how often that site is accessed. Eg. www.mysite.com/qr autoforwards to www.mysite.com/index.html, but the /qr is where the QR code takes you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: I’ll be giving this a try. Love that it’s not connected to a service. Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks I will give it a try.

1 Like

@Techwoodworking This is my go-to QR code generator, today I can’t seem to get it to work from safari or chrome.

2 Likes

Ditto, I can enter a URL but it won’t open the pop-up to add an image, or download. Pausing AdBlock let me see the cookie request, but no change to functionality.

2 Likes

Very Cool. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, I learn something new today.

2 Likes

I love this. thanks.

1 Like

Is it working for you? I’m still not getting any reaction to pressing buttons :frowning:

1 Like

yes, using chrome on a pc.
My_QR_Code_From_TechnicallyWoodworking (1)

2 Likes

Works fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Even in Silk on a Fire tablet.

Wild.
Works fine in Incognito Chrome, and Firefox, but regular Chrome - even with AdBlock turned off gets bupkis:

!!!

Thank you for fixing this!

2 Likes

For me tooooo!

2 Likes

Just seeing all the continued love here. Thank you all! So glad folks are enjoying it!

3 Likes

Best tool ever! Thank you!!!

Oh no, it is down again!

I thought yours was great! I am not tech savvy, so it was super easy/user-friendly. Great job! and thank you!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you all for the lovely feedback and support. I am going to be taking the site down at the end of the month but rest assured all of your already made QR codes will 100% continue to work. If anyone is interested in hosting the tool I am more than happy to give them the code to make it work.

3 Likes