Free Thanksgiving Earring Design

Hey all! I was lucky enough to participate in my local food bank’s annual Thanksgiving turkey drive this week. We fed over 1500 people in the first hour!

What kind of Glowforge owner would I be though if I didn’t create some special earrings for the occasion? In the spirit of giving back, you can make your own pair of Give Thanks earrings for the big day tomorrow (or to give away to someone special). If you don’t have ear wires and jump rings handy, you can easily make some out of any spare wire you’ve got lying around.

Capture

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

11/15: Edited source file so it should populate in the correct area of the artboard.
givethanks_earrings

34 Likes

Did you zip it and upload the zip file? Discourse, the forum engine, does funny things, otherwise…

1 Like

I took off the ! before the filename and the link displayed. Seems to have uploaded correctly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the file, and thanks to your local food bank!

1 Like

Cute idea. Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

I made some too. It was one of my first projects.

4 Likes

Cute idea, thanks!

Could you email me the link? I click on the file and nothing happens

“Right” click and choose “save as”? Welcome.

When I right-clicked and saved, I still couldnt see anything, but if you open it up in inkscape and change to outline view, it shows up…

2 Likes

Thank You for the file, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah, when I opened it in inkscape it was off to the left and saved in a color that can get lost in the all white work area.

2 Likes

Not how it shows up in my software, so I can’t say. Can’t plan for compatability in every software.

1 Like

No big hill…keeps people on their toes! :crazy_face:

1 Like

These are just lovely. To help those who might be stuck, here’s a zip with an SVG that might read better in other software. I verified that once you unzip it, you can drag and drop it into the Glowforge dashboard.

Give Thanks earrings.zip (1.9 KB)

8 Likes

Thanks Dan!

1 Like

@dan Was surprised to see that another user is selling this design in the catalog, what the heck?

3 Likes

Wow. I hope Dan gives you the money that Jessica made off of your design.

6 Likes

That’s really lame…

I suggest you send an email to support@glowforge.com…just in case Dan doesn’t see your post.

That definitely needs to be remedied.

6 Likes

Thanks, I found the option to report the shop design and IP infringement.

3 Likes