Fridge magnets, second pass

So in my original post, Fridge magnets, to start, I had created these square magnets to sell at a local craft fair. They sold fairly well in May, but I wanted to see if I could do something a little different with them to make them look a little less “blah.” Fast forward to today and I’ve created magnets in different cutting board shapes. 1/8in basswood ply again, one magnet on the back, and I’m going to put a strand of suede leather through the holes and decorate it with wire and maybe a few beads.

I just want to say that using Gorilla tape to weed the little bits of masking off has been wonderful, don’t know why I fought against it so hard.

36 Likes

I bet these will do well!

2 Likes

just a suggestion, an inner circle so they look more like a cutting board?

7 Likes

Those are adorable!

This might be a cool use of a defocused score line…

2 Likes

HAHAHA… I was quite amused at the saying! Nicely done!

3 Likes

These look great! Hope you sell them all:-)

3 Likes

These are really fun! I can see kids buying these for their parents and then getting a clip around the ear :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought about that after I printed them, gonna try that next!

2 Likes

This is a new one on me, so how is that achieved? Willing to try! :blush:

1 Like

Those are cute!! Great job, hope you sell out!

2 Likes

Great magnets! Never a truer sentiment said.

2 Likes

Those are adorable!

1 Like

You put in a manual focus that is at least 1/4" higher (or lower) than your actual material (for 1/8" material you’d enter a manual height of 3/8-1/2") just for that operation. Instead of a nice thin crisp line, you’ll get a soft line about triple the width.
image image

10 Likes

This is very helpful. Something I haven’t done yet, but keeping the information for future use!

that’s awesome to get a thicker line, I just repeat the score several times to get it! - WOW!

2 Likes

Thank you for this! I did a search on the subject but did not get the print results I wanted. This is so helpful - and thank you for the visuals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reminds me of Sundays and my mom’s pot roast.

1 Like

Love the mini cutting board idea!