Fridge magnets to start

With launching a new business I thought it would be smart to start small, so these fridge magnets fit the bill right now. I made these with 1/8in basswood ply, measures 2.5in, and one small magnet is affixed to the back.

43 Likes

I think your biggest problem is going to be somehow distinguishing yourself.

251,000 results on too peopley.

78 million in peace love and wine.

How on earth are people supposed to find your interpretation of these designs among the crowd? What makes them compelling enough to buy over all of the others that came before you?

3 Likes

Great idea, wish the best for you. My wife and I collect refrigerator magnets from the different places we visit, have a one side of the fridge full of them. Stay positive and take it one day at a time.

5 Likes

Perhaps he does not intend to sell online. We can’t assume where or how he will sell his designs.

5 Likes

I like your designs. What do you plan to make next?

2 Likes

I don’t think my questions depend on where or how. There is clearly a lot of competition on designs that use these phrases. How do you avoid someone looking at it and saying “seen that a million times”, but instead saying “that’d look good on my fridge”?

2 Likes

I like 'em! :wink:
(BTW, you missed weeding a tiny section out of the center of an “A”. You’re now an official member of the club!) :smile:

12 Likes

I love these. They make wonderful gifts! Good luck!!!

5 Likes

Not replying to evansd2 specifically, just using his words for the quote.

Someone buys them. So either come up first in the search results or sell in a retail location (yours or wholesale) where they are an impulse buy.

2 Likes

I made these as add-on products - something in an inexpensive price point that can be added onto a sale (think stocking stuffers, even though we’re nowhere near Christmas). I’m testing them at a craft fair next month to see if there’s any interest. They’ll still be treated as add-on products online - I’m developing more niche products to be unique in an over-saturated market.

9 Likes

Great idea as add-ons. Good luck at the craft fair…

2 Likes

I love them and wish you the best of luck to you! I too made fridge magnets for an upcoming farmers market. Got a few ideas from Design Bundles.
You are gonna BE GREAT!

3 Likes

A while back I discovered the best way to find any weeding that I missed on complex designs was to take a photo of it then look again…it’s almost strange how a photo shows things that were so easy to miss in person.

10 Likes

NIce work and best of luck with the endeavor!

3 Likes

I love your magnets but I love your Etsy store bracelets more!!

I just purchased your red quartz Etsy shop bracelet. I remember the first time I saw your bracelets it was love at first sight.

This bracelet is big enough to wear as an anklet and that is how I am going to wear it.

I will also be contacting you for a custom order.

1 Like

Oh that’s awesome! It’s all packaged up and ready to head your way tomorrow! Send me a message through the site whenever you’re ready to design your custom order. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Probably from the way the light refracts. I have hickory bathroom cabinets and added one new one in the remod. Look the same, but when I took a picture the looked quite different

1 Like

You’re off to a nice start! Good luck with them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The best to you with those, they look fantastic.
Smart to start small, within the budget.
What about different stain colors and/or different ‘white-washed’ colors. Different people are attracted to different colors or it could blend in with other kitchen colors.
But like it says, “Nothing a bit of Swearing won’t help”

2 Likes

These are just the right bit of snarky sarcasm that I feel in the morning or after dealing with difficult people!

2 Likes