From one Marine to the next

Modified a Treasure chest file I purchased. Size and graphics where modified.

5 Likes

Absolutely Love the box and the picture! My dad was a Marine and we were very proud of him.

3 Likes

Absolutely love this! Thank you for your service and for your family and their patriotic lives, this is absolutely gorgeous.

3 Likes

Oh that’s beautifully done! I hope she gets assigned somewhere there will be space for it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Semper Fi! Thank you and your niece for your service, from one old soldier. And of course, now there is Russia…

Oh, and they look great! I want to do some photo engraving like that.

4 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful!

3 Likes

This is absolutely wonderful. You must be so proud.

3 Likes

That is beautiful, I love it!

3 Likes

This is incredible! Well done!

4 Likes

Great gift and the photo tweaked out nice.

If you haven’t played with painted surfaces yet, that photo looks ideal for a starter project.
Take an MDF (plywood should work the same) board and paint it a blue (I liked a darker blue - try some samples), then paint over that with a tan.
Once etched it will have a near flesh tone. Great effect.
@shogun had some amazing results and pushed me into the painted MDF rabbit hole. Sort of found the flesh tone by accident, but went nuts with it doing some ancestor pictures once it proved viable. Here is a link.

4 Likes

Exceptional chest. Love the curved top and engravings.

3 Likes

This sound like a must try! Thanks for the tip and link!

1 Like

Beautiful gifts! And you should be proud of her! Toot your own horn anytime! Thank her for me for her service, and thank you as well for your service.

2 Likes

Love it!

That is beautiful, I love the details and the sentiment! Thank you for your service and thank her for hers too!

2 Likes

This is great!! I was in the Corps and love this. Did you come up with the design of the chest or purchase it. Great work.

2 Likes

Purchased the cut file but modified to the Marine stuff

1 Like

Where did you purchase it. I have been looking for something like it.

Etsy… and had to modify the file with the graphics I wanted. Treasure Box Large

1 Like

Out Friggin standing…Semper Fi.

1 Like