From the guy who brought us laser cut hands, a new lunar calendar

Hey folks,

If your remeber the laser cut hand guy:

Here is a new video by him with a really cool lunar calendar:

37 Likes

I’d love to get hold of the plans for those hands!

5 Likes

Ivan open-sources a lot of his designs, but my understanding is that since he’s selling the hands and calendars on Etsy, these won’t be among them. I’ll ask his wife the next time I talk to her. :wink:

6 Likes

I really like the Lunar Calendar he made, but I can only see myself making and using the hands. They would be good prototypes for Bioshock’s Handyman cosplays too! lol

2 Likes

That is awesome! I’m revamping a calendar from last year right now!

9 Likes

He’s probably right about the Death Star and Disney! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

is there somewhere online that generates these? Because I need them in my life again. :smiley:

12 Likes

Neat how the banding in that table graphs the moon’s precession.

2 Likes

Stumbled on this old message and thought some of you might like to know that the creator in this thread is now our own @ivan1 , who you can find in Problems and Support dropping all kinds of awesome Glowforge knowledge.

6 Likes

Well that’s all kinds of cool!

1 Like

That is very cool!

Outstanding news, Dan!

For those who may not know, @ivan1 is the mad genius that developed the first 3D printed mechanical hand in 2011 and released the design open-source, paving the way for the creation of e-NABLE in 2014. There are quite a few e-NABLE volunteers among the GF users that will be interested to discover he’s now with Glowforge.

3 Likes

They walk amongst us… :smiley: