Giant Laser Cut Hand

I came across this today!

34 Likes

Word of advice. It’s hunting season. Do not go outside until January.

7 Likes

Those are spectacular!

2 Likes

Eeek! :astonished:

2 Likes

Lol that guy cracked me up.

I’ll need to build some of those. I’m 6"4 already so just imagine if I add stilts.

7 Likes

I need 10 of these. Yes I realize I only have 2 hands but… I NEED TEN! awesome find.

4 Likes

“It has a delicate pinky mode.”

“And, when you’re wearing them you can pretty much just be a creeper.”

Perfect…

6 Likes

The amount of time and brain power that went in to those…OMGosh! Think if that but his talents into something…umm…else. - Rich

3 Likes

Not quite that size, but here’s something I’m just finishing up:

7 Likes

That is hilarious. I love it.

Its extra hilarious because I thought the video was going to be a hand getting cut by a giant laser. Why I clicked on it when I definitely did not want to see that, I do not know. But giant laser cut hands are hysterical.

3 Likes

That is awesome!!!

These are great! I’m gonna try it! But I think I will 3D print the fingers for a more round humanoid hand. Maybe a robot for next Halloween!

2 Likes

Reminds me of the movie Edward ScissorHands. Now I want to watch the movie again once I unpack my dvd’s. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I love the hands, but those thumbs… oy… why does every one of those have such horrendously curved thumbs?! Maybe it’s it’s just me; I’m double jointed on many of my fingers and even my thumbs.

3 Likes

The thumb in Jeremy’s OP does seem longer than necessary, but I can speak to the eNABLE devices – since the devices’ thumbs can only pivot on one axis, they must to be attached at a visually-odd angle to come anywhere close to an opposable grip (compared to the pinch grip used by Boston-type devices). The OP’s design was also interesting in that it used 3 phalanges, not 2.

4 Likes

The more I read about it, the more I’m convinced I have bizarro hands. :smile:
My thumb’s metacarpal has a large range of movement - compared to my finger metacarpals - to the point that it functions more like a proximal phalanx. In fact, I regularly crack my knuckles, and this includes the thumb’s carpal / metacarpal joint. So to me in that sense it feels as if I have three phalanges on my thumb… not 2.

Biology is bizarre. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are folks with triphalangeal thumbs, but they usually evidence a reduced (non-opposable) range of motion. :thumbsup: