Front Lid Handle, Fell Off

Anybody here try fixing this issue? Went to lift the lid and the handle came off along with the sockets that were soldered to the LED strip. Didn’t know this was an issue until I went searching here. Has anybody attempted this repair on their own? Any advice?

Try a search here. You should find many posts on various fixes.

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty of lid failures but not what you describe.

1 Like

Those are sensors to “feel” the magnets in the door to know it is closed. If both sides cannot send a signal you will get a “lid open” error and the machine will not go any farther.

4 Likes

When I received my refurbished Plus the handle was hanging by the wires. I used a generous amount of CA glue and clamps (over night) to put it back on. Still holding fine.

4 Likes

This thread has the same issue, and pictures, and solution - so give it a read, but yeah across the few that have had that happen 2 part epoxy/JB Weld seems to be the answer.

2 Likes

I’m the OP of that thread. Here’s a small update.
The original issue where the front handle separated repeated itself, only this time it happened at the hinge, and it broke more elctrical contacts.

Plus, after so much time not using the 'forge, I learned that I can no longer upload a DXF unless I pay money. And since I now own a 3D Printer, that does it for me… I originally needed it for technical projects… Faceplates and mounts, which need exact dimensions. But now my 3D printer can handle those. (Slower, but at least without a monthly fee.)

So, my forge may or may not be repairable, but I’m not willing to put in the time to find out. Anyone want to pay me $100 plus shipping to have it sent to them? (Remember, it’s pretty old and it’s broken at the hinge, including electrical but as far as I know it would work otherwise. Air filter too.)

1 Like