Frozen on Focusing

My glowforge is stuck on focusing. I turn it on, it runs but the head doesn’t move and I can hear the ticking noise on and off. It will not update the image and stays on focusing. We went through all the cleaning steps and checked the connections but nothing has worked. I have attached the pictures of the connections.

Look at your next to the last picture. Is the connector all the way seated?

That does look like a small gap. I think it’s just the pic but I’ll double check it as soon as I get home! Thanks for noticing!

Focusing can also be an issue with the bed - is there a bright light shining onto it? Or is your material full of holes? If either of those are true, try turning off the light or removing the material and see if it can make it through.
Also if your WiFi signal is dropping that can cause this. A staff member will be able to verify that by looking at your logs, but you can double check it by setting up a WiFi hotspot on your phone and seeing if the problem goes away.

Yes, we tried turning off lights, rebooted and reconnected the wifi we even added a wifi booster in the same room as the glowforge. Still nothing. But thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Here is a better pic of that connection in question.

1 Like

Hello! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.