Full 12x20 bed, almost?

It looks like the GFUI is now showing the full 12x20 bed as usable. Yay! Almost.

Though the camera looks like it is aiming straight down, the image in the GlowForge UI looks like the camera is tilted towards the front of the machine. I can see the wood, crumb tray and a portion of the front pass-thru guard, but can’t see the back edge of the wood. I even moved the wood so it is tucked under the knobs that secure the pass-thru guard in place leaving approx. 3/4" of the crumb tray visible past the back edge of the board but still can’t get the full board visible in the UI.

Same before and after cleaning the camera, multiple reboots of the unit, etc. Not ProofGrade material but I did set the material height to 0.215" which is what it measures with calipers. Everything is level and the tray is secure in the dimples. I didn’t get chance to try with Proofgrade material yet but shouldn’t I be able to see the full crumb tray regardless of what material is in the machine?

GlowForge UI at 67% and 100% magnification:

GFUIat100

The entire bed through the lid glass. Note the 12x20 board tucked under the thumbscrews in the front and the visible portion of the crumb tray in the back:

5 Likes

Did we have a change? I haven’t fired it up today…I’ll have to go lookie. :grinning:

1 Like

Mine still shows the usable bed as 19.5 x 11 when I’m dragging things around :frowning:

I hope they update that soon.

2 Likes

Mine looks like it sees more of the front edge too now. Didn’t notice until I saw this post.

Thanks for letting us know about this, and for taking the time to do some initial troubleshooting. Would you be willing to do the following to help us investigate further?

• Create a file with a rectangle with a stroke and no fill that’s 10.5" by 19". (If you’d like instructions on how to do that, just let us know.)
  • We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed.
  • Upload your file, and center it over the Proofgrade Draftboard.
  • Take a screenshot of the workspace to show us the artwork placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.
    • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
    • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and search for the Snipping Tool. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.
  • Send us the screenshot and we’ll investigate.

Thanks in advance

The GlowForge UI, as requested:

Test SVG file, two pictures of where the draftboard was placed on the crumb tray and a closeup of the UI showing where the art was placed:
Archive.zip (4.0 MB)

Thanks so much for posting the screenshot, and for your patience. I’ve looked into this with our engineers, but unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.