Full scale human sculpture

Here’s a sculpture of a full size human figure hanging is space with a kinetic garden growing out of it’s back. Composed of thousands of dura-lar components there’s a small motor housed in the chest cavity that activates the opening and closing of the flowers. Needless to say this was hundreds of hours of work. Hope you like it :slight_smile:

video link

60 Likes

Wow! Just Wow!

3 Likes

That’s amazing. How long did it take you to design and assemble it?

Edit - you said “hundreds of hours” but was that weeks, months, etc? I could see that taking a year or more!

2 Likes

Holy Cow! WOW!!!

1 Like

Fantastic! do you have a GIF or video? Would love to see it in action! Inspiring!

4 Likes

You work is amazing! Is there anywhere with close up photos or a video of the garden moving? This is the kind of work I would stare at all day at a museum. I love it.

4 Likes

Please post a video of this in action.

3 Likes

Holy shirt! That is amazing!

4 Likes

I don’t know if I should call it beautiful? Awe-inspiring? Hauntingly interesting?
Immediately makes me think of Speaker For The Dead.

I don’t know how it makes me feel, but it is unequivocally amazing!

5 Likes

Wow! Must be amazing in person! Such detail! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, I worked on it over the course of a year. A few weekends here and a few weekends there. I can’t tell you how many times I thought it was finished only to completely undo a whole section because it just didn’t look right. I posted a video but I doesn’t really do it justice.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing the video.

I was hoping the chest would move in time with the leaves. NOT a criticism!

Where is this displayed?

2 Likes

Oh it is very impressive indeed. Very artistic.

2 Likes

Amazing project. Thank you for posting so that we can share in such a fabulous piece of art.

2 Likes

Your work is always stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us!

1 Like

Incredible! (Again!) :smile:

Have you seen this? I bet they’d love to see something from you that they can show off on the Live Streams. (Something small, or maybe a short video showcasing your various sculptures.)

4 Likes

Just mind blowing!

2 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:!!!

This left me stupified - splendid work!

2 Likes

All I can say is another WOW!

2 Likes