Fusion 360 Glowforge Model

Has anyone made a Fusion 360 model of a Glowforge that they would be willing to share?

3 Likes

Oh, like for a little Christmas tree ornament or something? :relaxed:
(Cool idea for announcing a gift.)

6 Likes

That would be cool tooā€¦ but Iā€™m really talking about a model representing the GF so that if Iā€™m designing say a table for it, then I can see how it will look on that table.

1 Like

Gotcha!

I lack the rendering skills that others have displayed in 360 or i would probably take a poke at it just for kicks.

Probably will still take a poke at it later this week, but right now, I have to prep some shotgun shell thermoses for a shoot this weekendā€¦today, I have to be the ā€œArt Departmentā€. Chuckle!

4 Likes

I started too last year. But I lack the proper dimensions to finish it. I was hoping the GF themselves would release a CAD model of the exterior.

12 Likes

I got pictures of the bottom of the unit (as well as I could) at the Bay Area maker faire. I didnā€™t think to put anything in frame as a reference for measurements, but you could at least get the general shape added.

1 Like

If Iā€™m allowed to, I could 3D scan a unit at the Maker Faire on the 17th.

1 Like

I would LOVE to see a photo of the undersideā€¦showing the feet and their correlation to the body. My space for the Glowforge is big enough, but still a bit tight. Iā€™d like to see how much leeway I really have.

1 Like

From what I could discern from the pics and video there are at least two continuous ridges that run the length from one side to the other, and looked to be recessed around 1 - 1 1/2 inches from the front and back.

2 Likes

I posed this question in mid October, last year:

Size matters

I can guesstimate that it will be fine, but Iā€™d still like to see an actual photo in regard to this specific question. Just add me to the multitudes with similar requests. :relaxed:

1 Like

puts calipers on packing list for makerfaire

4 Likes

While we probably wonā€™t release full physical specs until we start shipping, youā€™re welcome to take some basic measurement at Maker Faire, and Iā€™ve always tried to spot check a few numbers when people ask.

7 Likes

I will bring a 60 gallon trashcan to do a submersion test and obtain a proper volume measurement.

/evil cackle

14 Likes

Great idea! I would LOVE a 1/12th scale model as I plan to make a 1/12th scale reproduction of my studio someday. :grinning:

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget the weights, the interior is mostly air and will float and throw off your measurements.

Wait, whatā€™s this, urgent meeting now? ++NOCARRIER

:wink:

8 Likes

No problem, Iā€™ll leave my 3D scanner at home then.