Galaxy Note 8 back cover

I was inspired by the surface book back cover that I recently cut and decided to do one on my phone. For more pictures and a full write up, check out my blog here:

If you own a Galaxy Note 8, you can also get the design file from my website here:

28 Likes

From your blog: “but for some reason the glowforge team decided that pressing the button wouldn’t cancel, or even pause a cut.”

I agree, I wish that the button acted like an E-stop when a job is running. I’ve hit it myself a couple of times. Now I just bump the cover up.

Terry

5 Likes

Pretty!

2 Likes

Those turned out really nice. Very professional look to both.

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve seen this company before: toastmade.com but they specialize in this sort of stuff. They’re one of the reasons I got into the Glowforge during the original campaign because I had one of their “cases” on my phone.

Ever since I got my Glowforge I’ve wanted to skin one of my devices with veneer but just haven’t gotten around to it. I did do my hydro flask, and recently put some on my case, really cool you’ve decided to share your work! Heck of a lot cheaper if you’ve got the materials and tools than ordering from someone else!

1 Like

Nice skin! :grinning:

1 Like

I think I may have seen them once but forgot about them. Those are a little more advanced than mine :slight_smile:. But if you wanted to take the time to design it, you could definitely measure out every little piece and come up with the same type of skin as toastmade. Time is a scarce resource for me so I’ll have to stick with my basic ones.

1 Like

That was one of the first things I did. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember when you posted this!

1 Like

So does this mean I cant etch in the back of my note 8?

What material is it made from?

Honestly I’m not sure. I dont think metal like ipad is…I’ll have to research it. But I know I recently had it replaced from ubreakifix

I think it’s a glass back. People have had some success with glass but I don’t know if the gorilla glass would work well or not.