1 Like

That is fantastic! It looks amazing.

1 Like

Stupendously fantastically awesome!!!

1 Like

Nice work. Very nice work.

All I can say is WOW!!

1 Like

Mind: blown! Show us more whenever you can!

2 Likes

Very impressive!

Wow. Over the top! I love this piece.

Fabulous. I was most impressed from the beginning by the opening credits and wished I could get snapshots along the way to look at more.

1 Like

You should check out the VR version HBO released. It is seriously awesome to BE in the opening credit areas. To look around you and see everything. Some things I never even noticed. Like one of the trees cries blood. It’s really amazing.

3 Likes

So cool!! I’m a mad GoT fan, to the point that my 'Forge is named Longclaw. Thanks for sharing this!

Looks fantastic! Could you go through the materials used and engrave settings?

Thanks! Brian

Amazing job!

The star is XPS foam that was cut on a hot wire table with a template cut from :proofgrade: med draftboard. Once cut, the foam was coated with Rosco foam coat and metallic pigments.
The ring that sits on top of the star is :proofgrade: med draftboard. The engraving was filled with a metallic spray paint. Here is a link to how I do that: Driver Panel, Out of Control!
The border rings around the engraved ring are :proofgrade: med draftboard with some rub and buff for color.
The bezel around the dome was 3d printed in abs plastic, then hit with rub and buff.
The dome itself is :proofgrade: med clear acrylic that was cut and engraved flat, then formed with a blow mold die. Here is a thread where I have a video of that process: Gold Inlay on formed acrylic dome. Success!
The settings were standard :proofgrade: settings, I think I used the HD setting for the engrave on the acrylic.

Hope this answers anything you were curious about.

4 Likes

Can you pls provide a bit more insight on how to do this? Really great work, congrats and thanks for sharing!

More insight than this?

1 Like

Haha, great! Thanks a ton!

Absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing. As a high school Art teacher (17 years) and huge GoT fan, I got super excited to show my students that the opening credits were made on the very machine we just bought for our program.

2 Likes

Very inspirational on what users can accomplish/strive for. Thank you for sharing