Game piece box for Dungeons & Dragons

That is very nice.

What a thoroughly thought out and beautifully detailed design!
Is the hinge your own concept? Itā€™s very neat.

2 Likes

I bet - so awesome!!!

Gorgeous work!

Exquisite!

The protruding hinges are a simple solution to allow the cover to lie flat on the table to serve as a rolling tray. And to my eye they suggest a place to dock accessories.

2 Likes

I am in awe. Like the time I stood in front of the Book of Kells in Trinity College. (Okay, maybe not quite that much awe, but still.)

3 Likes

Amazing. Love every aspect!

1 Like

@markjones1066 - would you be willing to share the files with me? I would love to craft one of these for my friend he is an avid D&D player who loves Celtic designs.

<I donā€™t know if there are rules against this so forgive me>

There are rules against asking. Those willing to share post in Free Laser designs

3 Likes

Holy moly, this is so well designed and thought out! It looks frikin amazing.

1 Like

facepalm

well of course. I own the setā€¦ sitting right next to a Teal w/gold set.

ā€¦
I own just enough setsā€¦
okay, maybe just 2 or 3 moreā€¦

Jaw hits floor. WOW!

3 Likes

What are you using for pins for the hinges? Iā€™m working on a vertical box with similar hinge systems. Thank you for posting! This is beautiful work and I hope you make a mint selling this.

Two part leather rivets. Although I think I prefer my results using wooden bearings and Iā€™ll probably return to that method on the next iteration of this box.

This forum is going to force me to start playing D&D so I can have an excuse to make my own versions of all these beautiful things! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You know that physical feeling of awe that one gets? Yeahā€¦ Thatā€™s what Iā€™m feeling right now.
Just amazing design and execution.

Can you tell me, whatā€™s the blue material? Is that a textured acrylic or something?

Itā€™s textured leather.

2 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s even better in this case.
Bravo!

1 Like

@markjones1066 Ok soooo ā€¦ would you take my money? I would love to purchase the files for my husband or purchase a game piece box for himā€¦ seriously take my money. PLEASE!

1 Like