Gaps at full power?

For the last few months my GF Pro has been leaving gaps in a lot of my cuts. This has come up before and various things were suggested (cleaning, removing backing, etc).

I had a feeling about this, did a test, and it seems it was right. Most “full power” passes have these gaps where the laser just seems to turn off, or maybe actually be running at really low power (hence the slight cuts at corners).

In these two examples the power level goes 20,40,60,80,100,Full from left to right. Top to bottom is lower to higher speeds.

In the frosted plexi example, I had set everything except the text, which was still at full power. That pass started at the bottom and got through the 500 and 300 before it started gapping out for all the other numbers.

These two tests were in different spots on the machine, yet the gaps are all in the exact same spots (except the text, which I changed settings for the second cut).

1 Like

If you haven’t, you should email those to https://support.glowforge.com. Good job with the photos.
If you include the time of the print and the time zone you’re in it may help support save some time getting to the machine logs.

3 Likes

I have seen similar problems when printing an array of repeated objects, in my case, circles. Some of the objects were cut at a much higher speed than I set, and so they did not cut through. You could see the difference if you watched the cut, it was very obvious.

Also, every time I cut the file, different circles would get messed up.

Here’s my report from about 5 years ago but the company never said if they fixed it or not.

Does this look like the same problem you are having? From your picture, it might be but I cannot be sure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.