Generic "altoid" tin engraving

I started building my own, but then ran out of steam. I need a good vacuum pump.

4 Likes

Wow! You can get anything on Amazon! Nice work!

2 Likes

So cool. This is giving me ideas!

2 Likes

Well, aren’t those adorable!

2 Likes

What settings did you use for your engraving? Thanks.

I used the setting from the first results I found. Although my LPI was much lower.

2 Likes

Wow, I love that! Must make something like it for a friend w/new meds regime.

When I used to donate plasma to earn money in college I had “iron poor blood”. Staff recommended Geritol, but it was high in alcohol (probably why it was so popular); I didn’t drink then, so I just stuck to iron pills. To this day I have low iron even post-menopause.

Half a dose/day keeps me feeling right and prevents the excess from getting flushed.

4 Likes

@bwente those are cute!
I did not think of that use of these either @chris1 . lol I feel so naive in these types of things. :laughing:

I always have too low of iron to donate blood. I keep forgetting to take iron, so this is a good reminder for me!

1 Like

hey my friend did you have to put some kind of paint over the tin cover to get your design to look that good

Nope. They just came that way.

1 Like

I love this! Your donating blood, and the boxes!

1 Like

I never said whose blood I was donating. :vampire:

Sorry, it’s an awful joke. But it’s Friday the 13th in October. :laughing:

8 Likes

I love using tins because of the versatility they can be used for. Great idea for promotional swag.

7 Likes

Did you start with the settings you mention? Does the ultra-high LPI result in a more silver finish? I’m going to try one soon, but wondering if the more gold-ish color I got with LPI 675 would be brighter at 1355…

I used an LPI of 270. Since it was a “engraved style” image. I didn’t think I needed much detail. I suppose the color could be cause by getting the metal too hot. Or it could be just the batch of tins.

2 Likes

Actually, your comment about heat made me wonder if it was from the smoke… I had cleaned with 70% alcohol. 91% alcohol cleaning and it’s all bright and silvery.

3 Likes

Turns out you can also do it on the Aura. Although I don’t think it’s quite as bright. But this was a first attempt.

9 Likes

Have you given it a polish with 91% alcohol? That was the big change for me, instant bright

2 Likes

Yes, I did. That photo doesn’t actually show the full brightness.

2 Likes

I got really good results with my Aura.

11 Likes