Generic "error occurred on your glowforge" whenever i hit set focus

Getting this error a lot tonight whenever i hit set focus. the machine focuses when i close the lid, no errors. but if i try to use set focus after, i get this error. restarting the GF a few times and restarting the browser will eventually make it go away.

I hope this is resolved for you soon. I will be following this to learn.

I’ve been seeing this problem a lot to. Glad I’m not the only one. Haven’t figured out a fix though.

I’m sorry you’ve run into trouble with your prints failing to start when using set focus. I extracted the logs from the focusing process around the time of your post, and it looks like the red dot used to measure the material height may have missed the material, or hit the crumb tray through a transparent material.

I saw that your more recent prints have run successfully. Would you please let us know if you’ve run into the same error again?

2 Likes

it’s happened a few more times, but it sounds like i need to be more careful with set focus then. i’ve been trying to cut mask clips out of scraps, so i may have missed a focus spot a little.

thanks for letting me know what was causing it.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that you’ve been able to get back to printing with your scraps of material. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like