Getting no communication from support re password

Sometimes links, sometimes phone numbers/addresses, sometimes reminders. Sometimes messages/pictures. If my spouse sends me something by SMS that I want on my PC (especially because I have old eyes) or something by chat that I want on my phone. Or if I look up a location on the big screen but need to transfer it to the little screen for actually going there. And so forth. I know all these things can be done, I just wish they were way easier.

Ah. Give MightyText a try. I’ve been running the free account for a year or so now. You can do most of that stuff. Check it out.

4 Likes

I use Pushbullet as a browser extension & app. It’s not the most elegant solution, but it works!

5 Likes

And you can send files too :slight_smile:

Another vote for mighty text and chrome. Though I def wouldn’t suggest using any browser to save your passwords, all you’re doing is making a hackers life extremely easy as these are created for convenience, not security. If you have to, use a 3rd party password tool like last pass, which is about securing your passwords.

2 Likes

Here we go again !
Since this problem was resolved originally, I have been using a bookmarked page to get me onto the forum with no problem.
Since the latest (September) announcement, I tried to get to see the manual by following the link, but it requires me to sign in afresh.
I tried this with the password that Rita originally provided me with via email, but it throws up ‘incorrect password’ error.
Just in case I had reset it, and forgotten, I clicked on the ‘forgotten password’ link.
I’ve been trying for several days now, and have also sent an email to support@glowforge.com 24 hours ago, but so far no reply.
Yes, I’ve checked all the usual places, and I have all the addresses in my address book, and while it might be a busy day at the office, even an acknowledgement of ‘your email received’ would stop me worrying.
So I’m posting here again, just to open another possible channel.
John

EDIT I’ve also tried to log in with a new visit to the GF home page, but with the same result.

Support only sees new posts in the “problems and support” section, fyi.

but he had submitted an email originally. They should have seen that.

1 Like

true, but if you’re trying to bring more light to a support issue a new thread is going to be what does it.

1 Like

Absolutely agreed, a new topic will actually get attention from support, not a continuation of an old thread. But was responding specifically to the part of:

They shouldn’t ONLY see new problems when they are placed in the “Problems and Support” section. They should ALSO see them when placed in “Problems and Support”

i think this is derived from the nature of the forum. threads get moved here, old threads that weren’t closed get zombied, etc., so if you’re going to make this subforum an official avenue for the help desk, it makes sense to limit problems to one per thread and described in the top post.

this way each thread is like a new ticket in a big corporate help desk set up; it makes it much easier on a support team to keep track. they have been mentioning the expectation for continuing problems to get new threads for a while, now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! That’s not the way the system works now, though. They work from a ticketing system, and new topics (and only new topics) generate tickets.

an email doesn’t generate a ticket?

1 Like

It does.

Thank you @dan.
Do I receive a notification that a ticket has been raised, or only hear from the team when my ticket gets to the top of the pile ?
John

I’m not sure. Good question to post as a new topic in problems and support. :slight_smile:

“If it isn’t in a ticket, it didn’t happen”- One of my clients mantra.

4 Likes