Getting Stuck on Scan - Lid issue?

So one of my Glowforges is routinely getting stuck in the scanning phase. I have done everything in terms of cleaning, material removal, etc. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the lid has shifted a bit so that it is slightly misaligned. When I fiddle with it, the issue tends to resolve, but only temporarily. I have included a picture of the lid. Is this probably the issue? How would you recommend to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

No. The lid misalignment might only cause a lid open error. A cable or camera issue is more likely.

1 Like

Your lid is mis-aligned because the surface the machine is on is not flat. You can fix that by shimming up one corner.

As stated, however, that won’t cause your “stuck on scanning” phase. That’s a camera or cable issue. Support can confirm, and will want the usual pictures (covered in hundreds of previous threads for this), then most likely will need to change the black lid cable as a first step.

1 Like

Hi @jburick. I’m sorry to see that you ran into some trouble with your Glowforge getting stuck while scanning, and noticed some issues with the lid not being completely flush with the rest of the unit. I saw you had opened an email thread for this same printer issue, and just sent a response with some next steps to help troubleshoot this. To avoid any potential confusion or miscommunication, I’ll close this Community thread and will look forward to your response to my email. Thank you!