Getting waves in power intensity

I’m getting waves in my print that show increases and decreases in power. Has anyone seen this before?

What kind of “wood” are you trying to engrave? :sunglasses:

I am using draft board. I have the settings at Speed: 1000, Power is full, Grayscale set to Vary and 270 LPI.

Did you remove the paper masking BEFORE engraving? What I see is odd, but without looking at the file you are sending to the Glowforge it’s hard for anyone looking at this to know if there really is an issue? The speed strikes me as way too fast. :sunglasses:

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’d like to take a look at a couple of items in order to investigate what could be causing the snag:

1. When this behavior occurs, does it happen on prints with Proofgrade material or only on materials that are not Proofgrade?

2. Do you happen to have a print in which this behavior occurred, and the print was completed for us to review and extract the log files from?

3. Does this behavior occur on any design you are engraving, or only on a particular design?

Once we can review this information, we’ll send over the next best steps. Thank you!

I had a similar problem. I removed my carriage and found a lot of sticky resin/residue on the rails of my gantry and wheel. After cleaning them thoroughly, the problem went away. I just assumed the sticky areas were slowing down the carriage just enough to cause dark streaks on my material.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.