GF is going through the motions, but not actually doing anything - laser not firing

After a week long vacation I come home to fire up the glowforge for a score/engrave/cut project. It scored - then stopped doing anything. It’s still “going through the motions” but the laser tub isn’t firing with bubbles and nothing is happening. I emailed support already - but I’m hoping someone has a faster solution??

1 Like

Try printing the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material with Proofgrade settings. If it doesn’t print properly, post photos along with the date and time here. You have opened a duplicate support ticket by emailing and also posting here, so that generally slows the response time and if you already have the photos you will be on your way to a better diagnosis.

If the Gift of Good Measure prints properly, yippee, the machine is fine but your file isn’t.

2 Likes

IMG_0743.MOV

1 Like

Need access to view the movie.

1 Like

IMG_0743.MOV

IMG_0743.MOV

1 Like

I’m trying to upload and I can’t quit figure out permissions?

1 Like

I think maybe upload it to youtube and then link to it.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/Qi1Wgo5bLw4

Ok, saw the video. Was that your file or the Gift of Good Measure?

That was the original file it quit on. I also did the GF Gift of measure on Proofgrade draft board and it did the same thing…went through the motions, now action though and no bubbles in the tube.

Support will be able to look at your logs and determine what is going on.

Thank you!

@jennylenczycki I am so sorry your Glowforge printer laser is not appearing. It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.