GF MacOS Icon Files

In case anyone else is as OCD as I am, here’s a set of GF MacOS folder icons. I use two computers with GF (one for design, one older hand me down for burn management so that I don’t accidentally close the burn window or have a system crash caused by web or productivity use), and as such have a network shared folder for designs, as well as one for clutter and pre-print design work. Realized some
folks out there might be able to make use of the files for something.

most people capable of running a GF probably know that in most modern MacOS releases you right click and Get Info on an icon to find where to change it. But at some point along the line when they upgraded the icon pixel count it became unclear how to get a png to work since it doesn’t seem to drag and drop properly anymore. I get best results opening the png in Preview and then CMD + A to select all, then copy it to get all 512x512 pixels. Go back to your Get Info query window and click on the existing icon to highlight, then CMD + V paste and Bob should be your uncle. Note that MacOs doesn’t seem to like changing the icon more than once, so if you try this and it fails after your first change, easier to create a new folder and modify it, then swap out contents and rename. Network shared folders tend to fight re-imaging because the system doesn’t seem to know how to have the icon image go between computers or resolve conflicts, so it just ignores you and uses the default, but there are workarounds.

GF Mac Icons.zip (923.8 KB)

11 Likes

Not sure why you think this is necessary.
Once you have sent a design and hit the start button on the glowforge, nothing you do on your end should matter, including shutting down your browser.
If you try to upload another design it may cause issues, never tried so dunno.
But, as mentioned, once you tap that start button, the glowforge will run the design given regardless of the browser enabled or not.

Anyway, thanks for the GF icon files. Should come in handy for Mac users.

2 Likes

Really nice! I’ve gotten too lazy to customize anything, but I can still admire those who do.

1 Like

Yeah. I have basically the same setup with an old Mac Mini up in the guest room with the Glowforge and my newer MacBook down in my study, but it’s mostly so I can start projects and work with the Glowforge locally, and still design in my comfortable chair at a computer that doesn’t choke when working on large files. The only problem I’ve run into is sometimes when I don’t go back to the dashboard on one machine and then go to it on the other computer… But never had a problem when burning without the dashboard running. And when you come back, the progress/time remaining reconnects right away.

1 Like

So awesome THANKS!

1 Like