GF non Proofgrade settings repository

Hey folks.

Add a new page into the link repository that I’m using to track my settings. I encourage you to add your results too(and still add links!). It’s called “Glowforge laser settings” and please add you wins and failures of settings. Try to group like materials together if possible. Also add pro or basic.

I’m very open to a better layout on this.

Have a good one!

37 Likes

I was just thinking about a Wiki post for Inventables materials. This is great! Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

Great idea. Can you add material thickness (maybe one column for each system…just to make everyone happy)…e.g. Lowes quarter inch acrylic is only .2" thick in reality…but cutting .2 vs .25 will need a cut adjustment…

and a column for lpi (for engraves).

1 Like

Sure can.

Also the sheet should be editable by all

Also added a defocus column

1 Like

Great idea!

1 Like

Awesome resource. Thanks so much for taking the time to set this up and share.

Jordan, question please. I don’t know WHY GF won’t provide this info.
I have several kinds of ProofGrade pieces left from other projects, and bc I wasn’t thinking about it, the QR code are now missing, Do YOU have the settings for the various proof grades? When I find an extra QR code to set the machine, and then click on the settings, they disappear. Please help!
thanks
Jan

Proofgrade settings change based on which model of machine you use, and they can set things on fire if you use the wrong settings for your machine.

But you have a way to get the correct settings for your machine…click on the Unknown button, type the name of the material, then click on it to load the settings.

3 Likes