GF Off line What Next?

I fell like I am missing something. When I install my pro months ago I had no issues. It has run like a champ. Suddenly last week it lost its connection…Off Line!
I can bet it is something stupid simple!

Any help!

You have probably already done this, but just in case you haven’t, here’s rpegg’s excellent video walking through the full wifi reset and connection process:

If you complete this entire process and still cannot connect, you’ll probably need to wait for Support to reply.

OK…I got the GF to go to TEAL! YEAH!!!

Followed the video exactly…found the device picked my network…bang!!! Device Error page again.

HELP!!!:frowning:

1 Like

i’m having the same issue. on this thread; New Router, Glowforge now errors out on connecting to wifi

No solution yet.

Interesting…seems like the same date as me. I did not do anything , no new router. It just would not go online!

Thanks for letting us know those details. I’m so sorry you’re still experiencing difficulty. I’m looking into this issue now with the team. If you’re able, it would be great if you could send over some logs that will help us investigate.

To obtain the logs, could you please follow these steps?

1. Reboot your Glowforge
  2. Wait thirty seconds
  3. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  4. Navigate to setup.glowforge.com and follow the instructions on screen

If Wi-Fi setup is unsuccessful, please:

1. Reboot your Glowforge once more
  2. Wait thirty seconds
  3. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color.
  4. Connect your computer to the Glowforge Wi-Fi network you see
  5. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/glowforge/zip
  6. A .zip file should download to your computer
  7. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

If you have any trouble with these steps, or if you run into something unexpected, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

I have completed the request Still did not connect. I sent the ZIP file to support.

Thanks so much for sending those over.

We’re continuing to investigate the issue, and I sincerely apologize for the continued trouble. I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information.

I have tried everything on this list as well and I keep getting the “Device Error” message as well. This is so frustrating!

Do you have an open ticket with Support - either from emailing them or creating a thread in #problems-and-support ?

If not, you should probably do one or the other (not both - it creates duplicate tickets and takes longer to sort out).

Yes and sent an email this evening and I also followed the instructions for the zip download. I hoping they can sort this out quickly because I have a craft show on Sat.

Its weird–the machine ran perfectly and then I didn’t use it for about three weeks. When I went to fire it up after 3 weeks of non use, it would not connect to the internet.

Thanks so much for asking!! Have a great evening–Heidi

1 Like

Vee,

Will you respond to my email or this forum?

I’ll post any updates here in this thread, unless you’d prefer otherwise. Please let me know!

Updates to this thread are good thanks! Looked over the logs…interesting!

Is there a way to hard code an IP?

Hello, we seem to be having the same connections issues. Have they been able to solve the problem? I sent an email on Tuesday night with the zip log and I received an email yesterday stating that they were working on the problem. I have a craft fair on Sat., so I am really hoping to get this fixed today!!

Thanks, Heidi

Heidi,

I sent an email this morning trying to get a status. I have not heard anything as of yet!

I hope to we hear soon!

1 Like

I didn’t hear anything today. :disappointed:

I received an email last evening,

Jae L (Glowforge)
Mar 29, 10:13 PM PDT
Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for your patience. We’ve applied an update that should resolve the issue. Could you try again and let us know if you’re still having trouble?

Best.
Jae

I went thru the WIFI configuration and all is good! I am making stuff again.

I replied and asked for a reason, but I am back up and running!

YEAH!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes it would be nice if support ever explained what they had fixed so it could be useful to other people with the same problem.

I’m so glad to hear you’re back up and running, and I apologize for the trouble while we worked on getting the problem resolved. Thanks again - I’m going to close this thread now, but please let us know if you run into any other trouble.