I have been down for 5 days now. Can not seem to get the GF to go on line. I have tried below steps and was looking for some additional help on what to try next. I have emailed support, 2 days ago, but have not heard back from them yet.
Here is what I have done
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using. I have done this several times, including removing power plugs from sockets of all devices and all devices near my router, laptop, GF, etc.
- Turn off your Glowforge. Done several time. I have also unplugged from UPS and plugged directly into the wall socket. Also have tried other power sockets that are on different breakers.
- Unplug your modem Have unplugged several times as well as tried several different modem.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point. Unplugged several times, tried a different access point, tried my cell phone hot spot and even bought a new WIFI extender.
- Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on For all the above I waited more then 5 min.
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
- Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point. I have removed everything in the path. Added a new WIFI extender which works great for my laptop, cell phone and other equipment.
o Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together: Tried.
o Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked. Done
o Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge Done
o Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point Done
o Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge Done
o Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge Done
- Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference Done
o If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area. Not near anything else.
I ran the “ping -n 50 app.glowforge.com test. It is weird, I can go to the site on my laptop via Chrom but using the ping in a CMD window it just times out.