GF Plus Printer Head Lens Replacement

Does anyone have a spare printer head lens for the GF Plus? Mine has a spot on it, and they are out of stock, and I have orders to fill. If anyone has one they don’t mind selling, I’d love to buy it from you.

JoAnn

1 Like

Have you tried cleaning it by soaking it in isopropyl alcohol? A lot of schmutz that looks permanent and won’t come off with a wipe will soften and loosen its grip on the lens if soaked for 10 minutes or so. Just wipe afterward or try using a fingernail to scrape it off.

5 Likes

No, but I will do that now! Thank you!

I’m thinking it is the culprit that is causing my cuts to not go through all the way. Thanks for the comment. Have it soaking now.
JoAnn

Be careful if you use your fingernail, you can scratch the lens…

1 Like

It worked! The alcohol cleaned it and I am up and running again. I’ll be glad when I’ve learned more of these little things. It will save me some heart attacks. Thanks so much for the suggestion!
JoAnn

6 Likes

Excellent. Saves you $50 and waiting anxiously for the mail :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

@joannm You can always sign up to be notified when the lens are back in stock by signing up to be emailed - https://shop.glowforge.com/collections/spare-parts/products/printer-head-lens