GF Plus Wont connect to Wifi

Just opened my brand new machine. Cant even get it to set up…

Machine is in good shape. No dings. Everything looks good.

Light is green,
the Password is correct.
PC and Phone connect to the GF just fine.

I double checked the password.
The wifi network is 2.4GHZ. Everything else connects to it just fine.
No security prevention. I made it both secure and unsecure. Made no difference.
The wifi signal is strong enough. It’s also right next to the machine.

I also attempted turning everything off. Unplugging it all and waiting 20 mins. Twice.
I Even attempted it all on the hotspot on my phone. And had the phone Sitting right next to,
and On the GF machine.

For me what did it is I use another device and it work right away

“PC and Phone connect to the GF just fine.”

I tried multiple times from both my pc and my phone.

See if this helps:

2 Likes

Thanks for the video response as I am also going through the setup process today and am having the exact same problem. I don’t want to hijack designfxgio’s thread, but I followed your steps exactly and was able to connect my laptop to the Glowforge, but couldn’t connect the Glowforge to my Wi-Fi. I have to use a hotspot from my phone for internet and confirmed it is 2.4 GHz, in range, password correct, etc. If I am still having connectivity issues do you recommend contacting Glowforge? The only other possibly important piece of information was that when I initially went to plug in my Glowforge and turn it on, it wouldn’t turn on when switched on. I had to try about 3 or 4 times before it actually powered up. I’m in a basement where it is cool so don’t suspect temperature to be the issue. Might just have to contact the support team. Frustrating when I was looking forward to getting my first print today. Thanks again for the video.

Not my video.

You should definitely open your own thread (which opens a support ticket) with this information.

Thank you

1 Like

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and it looks like you’ve been able to get connected and start printing since your last post. I’m glad to see you resolved it! If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com.