I see this is a common issue and have tried all the suggestions in other posts but my GF remains offline when its not. It does say calibrating for a few seconds then goes back to offline. What is my next steps?
The support troubleshooter for this is here:
From your description is sounds like it is getting intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity or perhaps low bandwidth.
I’m so sorry you’re having trouble. As @markwal mentioned, it sounds like you might be having Wi-Fi issues.
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
- Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
2. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
If the trouble continues, could you please try the following and let me know how it goes?
If you have a smartphone that can create a Wi-Fi Hotspot, let’s see if that works better.
- Instruct your phone to create a Wi-Fi hotspot (search the internet for instructions specific to your phone)
- Place your phone on top of the right glass panel of the unit
- Hold down the Glowforge unit’s button for 10 seconds until it glows teal
- Go to app.glowforge.com/setup on your laptop or desktop
- Follow the instructions on screen
- Try a few prints, and take note of whether your Glowforge remains online more reliably
It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email email@example.com.