GF stuck trying to print

Anyone else having issues with their GF? I have been trying to print for 3 hours and every time I try to print I have a new issue. In those 3 hours I have gotten 2 test prints done, but I’ve either had problems with the photos uploading, the GF scanning what’s in the bed, not being able to enter in the height of what’s in the bed, or stuck on preparing print. I have tried to reset computer and turn off GF and let it sit for 5 min before turning it on. Some of the issues I’ve waited as long as 20-30 min to see if it will get past what it’s hung up on

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! It could be several things. If you can zip the file that you’re using and upload it here, someone will surely take a look to see if there’s something amiss with it. It could be a wifi issue. Have you done the new recalibration process yet? What design app are you using to create your files?

2 Likes

Kinda sounds like spotty wifi to me…here’s some stuff to try: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/stuck-calibrating

4 Likes

jr%20family%204

Xabbess, here’s the file. I don’t believe it’s the file because I already ran a test run of it - when I said 2 test prints, I was adjusting the density of dots for other tests and that’s where I was having issues. I’ll try and reset and see if it’s the router. I use inkscape.

Thanks geek2nurse, I’ll look at that right now

oh and yes, I did already do the calibration

Hmmm. I can’t find anything in your file. Did it upload correctly?

3 Likes

Nothing in that file that I could see. If you are doing photo engraves that are fairly large, wifi stability could figure into this.

Have you been able to load and print the Gift of Good measure to see if it has a normal connection and functionality?

2 Likes

Ah, rasters inside of SVGs don’t upload to the forum. That would explain the empty file.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you hit a snag, @blakeweber87. Could you please let me know if you’re still running into trouble with this? If so, could you please let me know the date and time you most recently ran into an issue, and what happened? With those details, I’m happy to take a closer look.

Thanks.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.