GF thinks it is printing but it's not!

Hi all! I have a refurbished machine I received in February. Lately, it has been ‘printing’, but nothing is happening. What I mean is, I have cleaned everything, put in a piece of proof grade material and brought up the GOGM file and the laser does everything it is supposed to do…it goes to the right position and it even sounds like it fires the first beam. Then it stops. The computer seems to think it is still printing and gives me the ‘cooling down’ and ‘you’ve made something magical’ notices. Afterwards it goes back to ‘ready’. It has done this the past few times I printed and I was able to get it to go away by printing the GOGM and everything after that was fine. My old machine never required this. This time, I can’t even get it to print that.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hmmm…maybe check your white cable to make sure it’s properly seated, and that there aren’t any bent pins?

Just did that - they look beautiful. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

1 Like

It was worth a try! You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so they’ll be along soon to offer better help than I can. Good luck!

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compare it with the details you’ve provided.

Based on the logs, I do see the occasions in which the laser did not mark the material while printing the Gift of Good Measure. After these prints, I do see that you’ve been able to print consistently. Could you let me know if you’re still experiencing trouble, or if the results of these recent prints are not as intended?

We’ll follow up with additional steps if the same behavior is occurring.

Thanks Marc - yes, I eventually got it to print, though it is still not behaving perfectly. Unfortunately, it seems to do ‘various’ things, such as stuck on scanning, or not cutting all the way through, or stuck on homing…haven’t seen that one in a while. I was able to print a couple of small items, but it seems like it is just having trouble overall just getting to it and printing. I wish I had a better explanation of what specific thing is going wrong, but seems like a plethora of small things are happening.

Not sure what the next step should be.

I dug into this a bit more and unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.