GFUI design refresh

One thing that is very sad is that at some point it seems like Glowforge broke @chris1’s beep extension.

Le sigh, why Glowforge doesn’t put sound cues in its interface is just mystifying to me.

As for the extension… it may just be me, my chrome has been acting oddly lately. I should try turning every other extension off or something to try to narrow it down. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

5 Likes

If I remember this weekend, I’ll take a look.

3 Likes

Still work here. Chrome on Mac. I have “you may fire when ready” as the sound clip.

4 Likes

In that case, I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe check the console log. There are a few potential messages, but not a huge amount of debug logging. There’s not much to it in any case. https://github.com/masto/gf-beep-enhancement/blob/master/content.js

I’m surprised it’s worked for so long, all they need to do is change the name of one element or CSS class and it will go bye-bye. Maybe someone is looking out for us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm decided to uninstall/reinstall, and got an error:

Manifest version 2 is deprecated, and support will be removed in 2023. See The transition of Chrome extensions to Manifest V3 - Chrome for Developers for more details.

Nothing in console… I must have something wonky with my chrome install.

1 Like

Just checked again, no changes other than different print button icon. Perhaps they are rolling it out to different users over time. They’ve done that in the past.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.