GFUI Request: Custom Reminder Popup Option

I am a forgetful guy. And I will eventually allow students to use my machine, often with lax supervision.

I would adore it if there was an option to enable a custom-text (and graphic?) pop-up between clicking on PRINT and the machine processing the job.

In my case, while set up at home, it would say “Put the Exhaust port in the window” and while at work it would say “Open the Blast Gate for the Ventilation” (And ideally have a picture of where to do said action in the room).

I picture this as being an option that I (as the owner of the machine) can set up in Options for the Glowforge unit itself. And then when the pop-up occurs for each user, they would have the OK button to dismiss the window, as well as a “Do not show this again today” checkbox, which would of course prevent the pop-up from appearing again until midnight local time. Ideally allowing that checkbox would be something I can decide on with a toggle when configuring the popup.

I can imagine many cases for other users where this may be of some value, otherwise I would simply program an AutoHotKey intercept for mouse position with the active tab being named “Glowforge”

21 Likes

That would be helpful. In lue of that you could make yourself an escutcheon with a second layer that must be lifted to push the button that contains those warnings

10 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.

2 Likes

I realy, really like this idea. multiple thumbs up :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley:

1 Like