Gift Card Ornament - Prototyping

Happy Taco Tuesday Everyone!

I had some time today and wanted to work on my gift card holder ornaments for this year. Simple present design about 5"h x 4"w. This is medium draft board that I will paint. Took about 6.5 minutes to engrave and cut. Have a few minor changes to make then ready to go.

To use, pull the ribbon out from the right side and then slide the holder open. Close it and put the ribbon back and the holder stays closed and can be hung on the tree or from a present or whatever you want.

I will post the finished file on the free design thread in a few days!

37 Likes

Clever!

2 Likes

Thanks. I tend to over-engineer the simplest things. LOL

5 Likes

I’m working on a “puzzle in a case”, and this has given me an idea for holding it inside, so thanks for the inspiration!

3 Likes

Great! That is the best part about posting our work. You never know what it will inspire! Can’t wait to see the finished puzzle!

2 Likes

Love it! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Unique idea, I for one will be waiting for the generous sharing of the file.

2 Likes

Hi this is a great card. If you don’t mind I will need your help. I’m a new to Glowforge just receive a printer. But got some problem with cutting the paper. What setting do you use? How do you choosing materials? Hopefully you won’t mind to help me! Thanks

2 Likes

So clever! It’s great!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh I love it so much!!

2 Likes

Very neat!

1 Like

This gift card holder is made from wood rather than paper. The person who designed and made it will be posting the design file in the free design section of the forum at a later date, so you might keep looking for it there in the next few days. I’m thinking he will also include instructions about material and settings. Best of luck with your new Glowforge and have fun.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks, I made some changes last night the file will be up in a couple days. Just need to write the instructions.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

This is Proof grade Draft Board that I got from the GF Online Store. The settings are set by the QR Code on the material. If you are looking for Paper settings read this post Somewhat Comprehensive Testing of Settings for Cutting Paper and Cardstock it really has some great settings.

We are always happy to help but try searching your question first that way you can read everything that is available. Please reach out if you need more help!

1 Like

Somebody should decorate their tree solely with files that people have been so generous to share. Your talent is an inspiration to me (and I’m not just being cheesy)

3 Likes

Thanks for helping them out!

1 Like

Thank you so much, that means a lot. I have ornament files that I am finishing up as well. I might just drop the whole bunch in one post. One-stop decorating! LOL

3 Likes

That looks awesome! I’m detecting glue! Unless there is a last minute double spring clip buried in an engraved bow…

1 Like