Gift of Good measure didn't cut through when on the right side of Glowforge

Machine cutting on the left side of the GF but anything from the left center/far right isn’t cutting all the way through. I’ve cleaned the lenses on the printer head and inside of it.

1 Like

Have you cleaned the window on the left side of the machine - not on the printhead?

3 Likes

Seconding, this window gets schmutzed up faster than anything else for me.

3 Likes

Same issue for me! Was having issues cutting through PG walnut ply (with a design that’s cut successfully previously) so tried GOGM. Didn’t leave even a mark on the reverse side! Had already cleaned the lens and all windows.

1 Like

From looking over your account activity, are you talking about a machine that you just received from a replacement of your previous? If this is your first print on the machine then it might be good to mention that. If the machine already has been able to cut on the right side but now it is not then the cleaning would be good. If it has never been able to cut on the right then it could have been damaged in shipping. Not saying anything for certain but there is a difference in knowing the background of the specific machine.

This is the replacement machine we have only had about 2 weeks. It has never cut on that side. We have cleaned everything and it still won’t cut.

1 Like

Yep. So crazy, it’s just on that side so we can’t make large items because one side won’t cut.

Okay, certainly stating that the machine has never been able to do that is good. As opposed to it being a new issue. Glowforge has had times of the machines getting out of align with shipping and so hopefully staff will be along soon to help!

2 Likes

@ misspolkadotlollipop

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is not cutting on the right side of the bed.

Can you please perform the following test print on both the left and right side of the bed.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Once you do that I will review the logs and follow up with next steps.

We printed it twice using proof grade material and it still will not print on that side.

@ misspolkadotlollipop

Thanks for that update. Can you post photos of the front and back of those prints?

I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows

• The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head

• The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge

• The printer head lens

• Both sides of the lens, top and bottom

• The mirror inside the printer head

• The bottom of the printer head with the lens installed

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Here are the pictures. Sorry for the delay but we’ve been busy and I just didn’t get to it. We’re cutting from the middle to the left of the tray to fulfill orders.

Uploading: 20211205_015015.jpg…

Hi @misspolkadotlollipop. Thank you for following up with us, and no worries at all about the delay. It’s a busy time of the year, and I appreciate you taking time to send them.

I reviewed the photos and noticed some potential damage with the printer head window. I wanted to see if that spot is able to come off with a Zeiss wipe, or make sure it isn’t a reflection on the window.

Next, I wanted to see if you are able to send any photos of the front and back of the material when it fails to cut through on the right side. This can help me see if this may be caused by an issue with the laser system, and find the fastest path to resolve this.

I’ll look forward to any updates. Thank you!

After wiping again.

Uploading: 20211214_231705.jpg…

Hi @misspolkadotlollipop. Thanks for sending over those photos. Because the rest of this process may require replacements and confirmation of your shipping information, I reached out through email. Let me know once my email has been received, and I’ll keep this thread open until you have confirmed that just in case. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.