Gingerbread log cabin

Well gang, it’s finally done! Here’s my gingerbread project, made on a Glowforge. So, I started by making a template out of foam board:

Then I decided I needed furniture

Then, I cut all the various detailed bits and a few walls.

Here’s the final result (thanks to my pal @EmmaH-C who put in a very long day with me yesterday couldn’t have done it without her!):

(Please excuse the messy kitchen in the background, it’s totally destroyed and I am too exhausted to clean tonight)

Hope y’all like it!

PS - Thanks also to @evansd2, who helped me a ton with various problems.

88 Likes

Photos are not accessible.

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Nogo! :frowning:
(And I wanna see!)

Wait…there it is…Wowsers! :hushed:

4 Likes

Yep, oops, fixed it.

2 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Is that a gingerbread tree too? The details are just fantastic!

2 Likes

Yes it is! It about killed me, but I’m proud of it!

4 Likes

Outstanding, just outstanding. On a scale of “old tennis shoe” to “fresh baked chocolate chip cookie”, how edible is it at this point?

6 Likes

Worse than old tennis shoe, I’m afraid. Even if the laser didn’t burn the edges, it’s construction grade gingerbread. Not really meant to eat (and ironically, I don’t like regular gingerbread anyway). I guess the royal icing isn’t bad if you like straight sugar :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is not a gingerbread log cabin…that’s a gingerbread vacation home in the Hamptons…Wow, that’s impressive!

10 Likes

Geez O Pete, just fantastic. Get some well deserved rest!

6 Likes

That’s just stunning! Damn straight you should be tired…it’s a masterpiece!

4 Likes

Masterpiece is right! This is charming and delightful and I want to live there! People on this forum keep amazing me and this one is top ten.

5 Likes

Delicious! Love the glow house!

4 Likes

Fantastic work! It oozes fun.

4 Likes

Bravo!! And not just a cabin, but a whole homestead–incredible!

4 Likes

Very well done. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

A stunning piece, As a log cabin it reminds of a Palm beach “Bungalow” As a gingerbread house It rivals real houses with a few more curlicues.

3 Likes

This is incredible! It’s fun to see how it has all come together with all the little details.

3 Likes

Wow! Very impressive. Amazing detail.

3 Likes