Gingerbread log cabin

Love, love, love!! Of course, the Glowhouse, is my favorite part :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Such an amazing amount of detail - just love it! Of course my favorite part is the Glow House with the “proofgrade” sheets! Well done!!!

2 Likes

That is amazing!!! the details are spectacular!!!

1 Like

A stunning piece of work! If you made it for a contest, I hope you win! Can’t help wondering how you are going to top this next year.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It wasn’t for a contest, just for fun. It also helped me learn a lot about Inkscape, which I can use to do cool, non-edible stuff :grin:

(I think the glowhouse might be my favorite part, along with the tree)

3 Likes

Really delightful turnout. An amazing accomplishment!

1 Like

Oh my word! That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time!

1 Like

Thanks! Definitely a labor of love, but worth it!! I’ll update again with pictures when we have the ceremonial burning around New Year’s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Delicious project

2 Likes

I had high expectations after seeing some of the pieces you posted while asking questions - but DAMN! that’s beautiful!

SO.MUCH.DETAIL!

and the :glowforge:house is punny :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you!! I thought it was so funny. I even thought about attempting to cut the GF logo out of a door, so instead of a half moon you normally see on an outhouse, it would be the GF bug. But I just didn’t know if that would work in gingerbread, so “glowhouse” it was (let’s just ignore the fact that it is much too cold to laser in there with “snow” on the ground) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That belongs in a museum not destroyed :scream:

2 Likes

Thanks! I really have no way to store it. I could shellac it I guess, but what would I do with it? Every time I move it I lose a few tree branches as it is. By new year’s I’ll be lucky if it has any left. So, I’ll always have the pictures and next year I get to do it again!

(and I get to have the satisfaction of watching it burn in our fire pit- I do love a good fire!)

2 Likes

Love it love it love it! I understand about “where to put it” - have a fun burn!

3 Likes

Thank you! I think burning it is almost as much fun as building it!

That looks insanely cool! Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

How did you get wood grain on the gingerbread, also, how did you do the roof? I love it!

2 Likes

Thanks! I rolled the gingerbread dough on a wood grain texture mat before baking it. The roof is “shingled” with strips of black gumpaste, cut out on a pasta cutter and tabbed. That part took the longest by far to do, was very tedious.