Gingerbread log cabin

Thank you!

It’s finally here… gingerbread destruction day! It has rained every weekend, and the fire pit is soggy, so today was the day to say goodbye to my cabin. I love burning the houses almost as much as making them!

I think this one is cool, looks like a dragon head over on the right

Melting windows… Funny how putting gingerbread in the fire pit doesn’t smell nearly as bad as laser cutting it.

The dogs enjoyed the show!

Until the next one!

11 Likes

Should have taken a closeup slo-mo video of the house burning to be used in the next disaster movie.

4 Likes

My 13 year old did, but it’s an iPhone video, wouldn’t let me upload it. It’s cool though!

2 Likes

Upload to YouTube then post link here…

2 Likes

Drop on Blender and add all sorts of possible scenarios. 13 is a great time to start learning it if the spirit is willing.

1 Like

Reminds me of bunny rabbit beheading day :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW, don’t freak, no fluffy bunnies are harmed. It’s the day after Easter when we hack the heads off chocolate bunnies :yum:

5 Likes

It’s very satisfying :slight_smile:

I figured it was a fitting end, created with fire (sort of, laser), destroyed with fire. The mini glowforge was the last thing to melt ironically.

5 Likes

I envision it slowly melting…

3 Likes

Truly spectacular!!!

2 Likes

There’s a kitchen in the background? I can’t take my eyes off the house.

3 Likes

@ElsieH, I don’t know if you’re on the book of faces, so here’s the glamour shot - check this out!

(Joseph Daigle)

I immediately thought of you and that you taught me that it’s pretty but probably tastes terrible…plus I bet they would have loved access to a :glowforge:!

8 Likes

Dang, I did see it, but I didn’t bother to look at all the pictures yet, so I couldn’t even tell what it was (not paying enough attention lol). I’m very close to having my creation this year done, although it won’t be nearly as impressive as that one!

2 Likes

If this year’s compares to last year’s yours will be just as impressive! Plus - you set the scene - there’s doesn’t even have snow on the roof!

(though if they burn it like you do, will it be too soon?)

3 Likes

They would need a MUCH larger fire pit than I have, that’s for sure!

1 Like

That tree is amazing! … I mean it all is… But that tree! I can even wrap my head around how you did that!

1 Like

Thanks! That tree was a labor of love, for sure. I found a file on Thingiverse that was an stl file. Somehow I converted it to svg, and had to clean it up. Ended up with 2 of them with slots. Then I cut four of them (well, I probably cut more than that but ended up just needing four, you know trial and error). Then since it was gingerbread, I snapped two of them in half and stuck the half branches in the gaps (with edible clay in between to form the trunk). Needed weeding cuts to keep the branches from breaking when I took it out. It was really a fun process to figure out, and even better, it came out just like I had it in my head! I was gonna hang ornaments on it, but it was a little toooo delicate for that!

tree_outline_weeds

3 Likes

That is an awesome project…

2 Likes

Next level Angkor Wat :wink:

I wonder if one could do a relief engrave of gingerbread?

1 Like