Glass has come apart from the front handle, starting to separate from the back hinge

Recently the front lip has separated from the glass and I’m noticing the glass is starting to separate near the hinge as well.

Does anyone know what glue is best to use. I got some E6000 adhesive which is listed as industrial strength. I want to use adhesive at least as good as what was on there in the first place, or better. I’m going to try to get the existing glue bead off with some mineral spirits. Thanks for any insights. I’ve already emailed support and got no answer on this one. I’d use double-sided tape but I’m not sure it’s going to be strong enough. Gorilla mounting tape is 30 pounds strength but I might actually need more than that the stresses on this.

I did a quick search and found this. Hope it helps:

2 Likes

Posting here opens another support ticket. Your support options are to send it in for repair, or fix it yourself using advice from other owners, several of whom have repaired theres. As posted above, if you use the search function, you’ll find a few existing discussions - over in Beyond the Manual.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this. I haven’t spent too much time in these forums to really dig into search features. My experience with forums is pretty bad so I never trust the search will be worth my time. I’ll search for the other posts and see what happens.

1 Like

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.