Glass has detached from the LID

I have had my machine now for 13 months, the glass lid has come detached from the right corner. How do I get this fixed?

You have a couple of options…one will be to allow Glowforge to repair it for you. Since it’s now out of warranty, they will suggest that you ship it to the technicians to allow them to repair it, and it will probably run a few hundred dollars. (You’ll be charged for round trip shipping, the cost of replacement of the glass and recalibration to ensure that the machine works the way it was intended to.)

Or you can attempt to repair it yourself, there are discussions in the Beyond the Manual section that other people have had varying degrees of success with. One linked below:

You might do a search in the Beyond the Manual section to see if there are any others, just search for “glass fix”.

2 Likes

Thank you so very much for responding to me. I am totally bummed and did not expect this at all! I am stressed out as I have orders I have already committed to. Not fair that this is happening specially after what these machines cost.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like