Glitter Polyhedral

I rarely make the same polyhedral shape more than once, but the last time I made this was part of an artist collaboration with @crystalswimm, and she kept the shape when it was done. So I decided to make my own but using Glitter Acrylic on the outside faces from Houston Acrylic.

12 Pentagons and 30 Hexagons
58% in between a icosidodecahedron and a Rhombic Triacontahedron.

51 Likes

Cool geometric puzzle! Did you find the glitter difficult to cut? I did a sample that took several tries to get through.

9 Likes

No, it cut like normal medium :proofgrade: acrylic for me.

9 Likes

Another great addition! Love the glitter!

9 Likes

Sparkly!!! Beautiful!

8 Likes

I had that issue and discovered that the large (in this case) pieces of glitter were mica and thus pretty laser proof, plus reflecting the beam every which way inside the plastic.

11 Likes

That looks wonderful as usual.

Two other places you might check for glitter acrylics:

and

15 Likes

This looks great

8 Likes

Love it what do you do with them all?

9 Likes

Awww I really like this!!!

7 Likes

Stunning as always @pubultrastar !

13 Likes

The glitter makes it look extra fancy! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Polyhedral hoarding disorder, or PHD, is a thing. Some are displayed. Some are packed away. I’ve sold some, reluctantly…

14 Likes

Check out the pics on his site, link in his profile. Some amazing creations.

6 Likes

Snazzy! How long does it take for you to assemble those?

5 Likes

This one was trickier because of the spacers in between faces, and I’ve been working on it off and on for like 10 months. If I did it all at once, probably like 3 hours.

6 Likes

This is amazing!

3 Likes

Super duper cool!

2 Likes

Maybe you could make storage for them that’s polyhedral-shaped? :smiley:

4 Likes

But then I’d have to build a polyhedral shaped building to store my polyhedral shaped storage that stores the polyhedrals. Then someone would want to buy and download the files for polyhedral stored storage in a store that sells building polyhedral storage and store those on network attach storage. It’s a vicious cycle.

7 Likes