Glowforge App is saying that there are open paths, when there are nor

Hi,

I have an embosser image that i’m looking to engrave but it’s consistently saying that there are open paths; i’ve tried everything and as far as I can tell there aren’t any Open Paths to remove/ close! Would anyone be able to assist?

Thanks,
Leah

Bake Shop

If your just engraving it doesn’t need to be a SVG.

You do have quite a mess of stuff on other stuff and all those corner curlies have messed up nodes as well that might give you such a result. Though I rarely recommend that folk use Make Bitmap Copy, as much a mess as you have there that would stop the problems and let you get on with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As @beerfaced said, can you save it as a pdf and engrave?

No open paths. I ran this through Astute Vector FirstAid, which is an Illustrator plug-in that cleans up SVGs. It did have a few things going on — extremely close points, unpainted/unfilled objects, etc. Those are all cleaned up in this. See if it works properly for you.

Bake Shop

6 Likes

By the way, I didn’t change any of the coloring - but you have numerous blacks that are just slightly different blacks creating different operations. The job will likely engrave faster if you change them all to be one consistent color.

3 Likes

I love seeing our community jumping in to help with this. @lchardy Please let us know how the advice presented here works for you!

Unsure if you got your answer, but I know the quickest way to fix this is to change from engrave to score.
I don’t know the logistics of it all, but I know this will allow your glowforge to process the image.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.