Glowforge App Lagging

Hi Everyone!

So I am having issues with my Glowforge lagging like crazy. I can’t even rotate designs at this point. My WiFi is great, no connection issues, I am up to date on my browsers, cleared my cookies, cache, etc, tried a different browser and deleted other saved designs on my Design Library. I am cutting a ba baby stat sign so nothing super detailed and they used to move fine a few weeks ago. I also deleted the design altogether and uploaded it fresh. I am just getting super frustrated at this point.

1 Like

Issues like these are the great majority of the time local, not service related. It might be your WiFi is great, but the connection to the internet, which is different than WiFi, isn’t great. I would reboot the router and modem to see if that clears it up.
Also check that you don’t have anything on your PC that is slowing it down; in Windows check the task manager for anything that would be using a lot of CPU and or RAM. Check that you don’t have a lot of tabs open in your browser. It might be something as simple as the PC needs to be rebooted or you have several people using your internet connection at the same time.

If none of that helps, reply here with all the steps you have taken and Support can look into your issues to see if they can see anything in the logs.

4 Likes

Okay so I was running Silhouette Studio that was using a lot of CPU, I closed everything down, restarted the router, modem and computer. Once the computer was back on I only opened up the Glowforge app and it’s just as bad if not worse.

It’s possible there’s something funky in your art, even if it seems simple. If you’re willing you could upload your art here and somebody else could see if it works fine on their system (if you don’t want to post it publicly you could email it to support@glowforge.com and let them know you have an open ticket with this name)

You might also try connecting to a WiFi hotspot on your phone to see if that’s it.

1 Like

It’s local. The app does not depend on your internet connection or the cloud. Once you have a design open, the app doesn’t even need one. It works just fine while disconnected.

Obviously you need to be connected again if you want to exit and have it save your changes.

GFUI with no internet:

3 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit a snag.

To better understand the circumstances around the trouble, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Additionally, we’ll need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

I actually took my computer into my repair shop thinking it was my computer. Ughhh, it makes it hard to prepare for a show tomorrow when its not working.

It is something on your computer - the app doesn’t require any connection to the :glowforge: servers to function, as you know because you definitely read this thread before commenting, right?

2 Likes

Today, it is definitely the app. So frustrating.

You’ll need to clear your cache, or try a different browser. The app doesn’t require any connection to the :glowforge: systems to work, it’s entirely local to your computer.

1 Like

Hi @kathyswaringen. I completely understand any frustration as you run into trouble with the Glowforge app. I wanted to see if you had a chance to run through the steps Jeremy mentioned in his last response.

Let me know if you run into any trouble with those steps and I’ll be happy to help you through this. I’ll look forward to your response.

Hi @kathyswaringen. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any activity here. I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel free to create a new thread if you are continuing to run into any issues with the Glowforge app. We’ll be here and happy to help.