GlowForge Arrived Broken

My GlowForge Pro was finally delivered today. Only when the FedEx guy had left and we picked it up to bring it in the house there were glass pieces rolling around in the box and coming out the sides!

Anyone else have a damaged unit upon delivery? How quickly can this be resolved? Will I have to pay for return shipping if it was damaged when I got it?

1 Like

It has happened to a few people, and support is generally very responsive in getting you a replacement. You should not have to pay anything for the replacement - but official glowforge support will respond to this thread - which, by the way, automatically opened a support ticket, so no need to email them separately.

While I know (as a fellow customer) how dissappointed you must be at this, hang in there - and do know that the (hopefully short) wait you will have for a replacment will indeed be worth it.

If you haven’t already spent a lot of time here on the forum, I’d suggest you keep reading. This is a phenomenal additional resource for all owners - and I can promise you from my own experience over the past several years, you will be very happy once you get your replacement machine.

Hang in there!

8 Likes

That has to really hurt having your hopes dashed like that.
Poor performance on the part of the FedEx employee, I’d have a hard time believing he didn’t notice pieces of glass falling out of it.
The company will get you squared away. On a side note, welcome to the user community! Across 3+ years it has become my favorite place online.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be reported on the forum as much as it used to be. All-in-all, not a very common issue from what has been hinted at about company metrics.

They’ll get you fixed up.

1 Like

Oh my! I didn’t know it would open a ticket. I had already emailed them and got the “takes 3 days to respond” response so thought I would seek answers to some questions before they responded. Sorry to create more work for them.

Thank you for your reassuring response! It does make me feel better knowing someone who has been around awhile is happy with the company. :grinning:

1 Like

mine was shipped UPS. i used the MYCHOICE feature to hold it at the depot. where I went and picked it up with my own hand truck :slight_smile:

1 Like

good news, though, is that since you included the picture, that should let them get a jump on things.

-Todd

1 Like

:hugs: Hope so.

Renonna

Renonna Gagnon
843-259-1539
renonna@gmail.com

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Renonna

Renonna Gagnon
843-259-1539
renonna@gmail.com

Thanks for the encouragement :blush:

Renonna

Renonna Gagnon
843-259-1539
renonna@gmail.com

Hey Renonna,

Your personal information is getting posted with your responses. If you want to edit that out, you can click the pencil icon on the individual posts.

Right?!! That’s what I told my husband. When he signed for it the guy already had it on the ground in front of our garage. He wasn’t going to ring the doorbell until he could make a quick escape. Tells me he knew it was broken!:pleading_face:

Renonna

Renonna Gagnon
843-259-1539
renonna@gmail.com

1 Like

Also, thanks for the welcome and encouragement :blush:

Renonna

Renonna Gagnon
843-259-1539
renonna@gmail.com

1 Like

Thanks!!
I can’t figure out how to remove it. I’ll keep trying.

It didn’t show up on your reply to me, were you using email to reply earlier? Might be a setting there.

Yes. There are email icons on every post containing the signature.

You can delete them by logging onto the forum from your computer (not through email) at this link:

And then scroll down to the posts that show the information, click on the little pencil icon next to Reply, and then select it and delete it.

Hi @renonna,

I am so sorry to hear your Glowforge arrived in this condition. I checked, and our support team has already connected with you via email, and we’re currently working on processing a replacement for you. Since we’re communicating directly there, I’m going to close this thread.

1 Like