Glowforge aura abruptly stops with no actual cause

I have tried to make a print twice now and every time my Glowforge abruptly stops at 3 mins left of the design, with the only message being that an unexpected error occurred. I’m getting very frustrated, I’m also not sure what’s wrong so I can’t fix it.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried printing a different file to see if perhaps the file is the problem?

Yes and it does the same thing. I am also unable to now select the thickness for uncertified materials in glowforge.

Can you print anything? Can you print the Gift of Good Measure on paper, for example?

1 Like

I haven’t tried to put paper in it, I have only used wood and I haven’t had this happen before. The project is about an hour and 45 mins run time and I have done longer times projects in it with no issues, this just started today. I was able to print something when I got home but it looks like I’m having to split the project up in order for it to finish it.

This sounds like an issue with file size, but I can’t be sure and it is hard to help with so little information.

Unfortunately that’s all I have, I don’t even get an error reason when it stops working other than one occurred but it doesn’t say if it’s overheated or what the issue is. I clean it religiously after every use so I know it’s not that, I’m not sure if it could be a venting issue but I bought the filter for it. It’s just so frustrated and I can’t see where anyone else had this problem and what the fix was.

I still believe it is a file problem, but without knowing more about the file it is hard to prove. If you can print the Gift of Good Measure without issue, then I think it proves your file is causing the problem.

1 Like

So update, I have tried printing everything and its stopping in the middle every time telling me there is an unexpected error… Emails have been sent and there has been no reply. I literally use this to make money and its brand new! I could really use some good luck with getting help to fix whatever it is thats happening.

If you did not receive an almost instant response than either your email didn’t get to them, or theirs didn’t get to you. Check you spam folder and just in case add @glowforge.com to your white list.

If you did get the auto response, it asked you questions. Have you responded with the answers? If no, they’re waiting on that. There’s also a phone number you can call that’s listed at support.glowforge.com

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.