Glowforge aura juddering

Hi i bought a Glowforge aura on the 1st march 2024. I had trouble with the first cut that is the little paper box with a fancy pattern. The laser was moving across to cut and then it was juddering and the cut ended up all over the place. I have only managed to do two complete cut and engraves and have been trying to do my third but the issue with it juddering is back and it wont go away. I have reset it cleaned the camera, rails, belt, lens and nothing works i even trouble shooted it to line the lens up with the camera while the aura was unplugged. Ive use so many pieces of paper just trying to get it to work im glad I didn’t put wood in or it would be ruined. Ive only used so the far wood that comes in the box with the aura. Ive also moved my wi-fi router so it a lot closer to the aura and this hasn’t helped either. I tried to get a replacement from hobbycraft where I purchased it and they told me i had to contact you first so you can approve the exchange. Please help me I got the aura as a distraction tool as i lost my mum a month ago and this was bought with the money she left me and its making me extremely anxious and stressed that it doesn’t work and I can’t get an exchange until Glowforge give me permission but I’ve not heard back from Glowforge apart from an automated email.

Sorry to hear of your problems. First of all, support does not monitor this forum…we are all users / owners here, just like you. There are however, many really knowledgeable people in here who might be able to give you some suggestions to try. In the meantime, it sounds like you’ve already contacted support via email, since you received their automated message. They will get back to you and give you some great help. Hang in there.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply that settlers my mind a bit i shall just wait patiently for them to reply to the email.

3 Likes

There are some questions in that automated email, you should respond with those answers, and if you can. Try to run the Gift of Good Measure (it’s in your dashboard) on a piece of paper - let them know what time you ran it, and send pictures of the final results. That will help them pinpoint the issue!

Hopefully they can get you back up and running, and if not, they are excellent about replacements.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.