Glowforge Basic stuck on "Centering"

Upon startup, my glowforge goes through its normal process and then stops on one of its “Centering” moves, and goes no further. I tried turning it off, adjusting the head under the camera, turning it back on, with no luck. I read few post that you need to pull data off of my machine in order to troubleshoot. Whatever it takes. Please let me know what I need to do. Thank you in advance.

In order to rule out other causes, it helps to run through the checklist at the link below. (While you wait to hear from support…it speeds things up for you.)

1 Like

I think I got it fixed. I am assuming the camera is used in order for the Glowforge to do its normal startup stuff. I cleaned the camera lens and it seems to have fixed the problem, knocking on wood. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Yes, the camera has to be able to recognize the Glowforge logo on top of the printer head. A dirty lens is a common culprit.

Glad you found it!

1 Like

Sometimes it’s a dirty logo - always clean the top of the head along with the lens :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you ran into trouble. We had some issues with our system this morning from 8:20 am - 8:53 am that have since been fixed.

We work to keep our systems up 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, but sometimes bugs, internet problems, or mistakes can cause our service to go briefly offline. If you’d ever like to check and make sure things are running on our side, you can see our website status at statuspage.glowforge.com.

I am going to close this thread now. If you run into any other issues, please feel free to start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com

Happy Printing!

1 Like